Tuesday, October 11, 2011

The Skinny on Fat-Free Creamers


Looking to cut a few calories from your coffee?


Fat-free creamers may not be the way to go.


We all know that whole milk is fattening - but . . . . .


I love Half & Half in my coffee. With that comes 39 calories per ounce. Ouch!


I checked out Fat Free Half & Half and thought, "How can it have no fat if Half & Half is half cream and half milk"? I didn't really like the answer, so I've decided that it's not worth it. Fat Free Half & Half contains skim milk, corn syrup, colorings, trans fats, thickeners and stabilizers - too many chemicals for me - and has 18 calories per ounce. Whole milk has 18 calories per ounce and no chemicals.


Calories per ounce

Whole milk

18

2% milk

15

1% milk

13

Skim milk

11

Half & Half

39


Fat-Free Non Dairy Creamers average about 20 calories per ounce for unflavored and 30 calories per ounce for flavored. The amount of chemicals is staggering - all of which the FDA has put on the GRAS list. (Generally regarded as safe) The FDA may feel that they are generally safe to consume, but I prefer to limit the amount of chemicals I eat. So, all these chemicals may reduce or eliminate the fat but sugars are added, which of course, store as fat. Nice Trick!


Before you choose a creamer based on the pretty label, read the ingredients. You may want to keep it simple and choose a milk product with no chemicals and additives.


For low-calorie recipes and more information, please visit RapidWeightLossExpert.com

No comments:

Post a Comment